- RDP Daily Prompt: SPOOKTACULAR
- This October I had the best, the most spectacular Halloween EVER.
- I had my first Halloween as a ” Lola ” ( Filipino kids call their Grandmothers “Lola ” ) with my Granddaughter Jemma .
- My son Julio, his Fiance’ Nicole and Jemma drove to Beaver Dam and saw two incredible Halloween displays. We went to Jemma’s school for her a Halloween Party and a Dance and Fox Lake hosted their yearly “ Fall Spooktacular” in downtown Fox Lake, so even though it wasn’t Halloween yet, I got to take Jemma trick or treating after all.
- She dressed up as ” Sally ” from A Nightmare Before Christmas.
But I would have to say, the biggest kick I got was watching Jemma carve her pumpkin.
She passed up a cat pattern, a traditional pattern for a ” Puke Pumpkin ” and then she went about carving it.
She asked for a big knife but of course she got the small one that came in the pattern kit.
That didn’t mean she didn’t enjoy that first cut with her little saw- she didn’t look pensive when she started to carve- she kind of a had a smirk on her face and I know it was smirk because my son, Julio, had the same look before he pulled one of his stunts as a kid.
Once she started to carve, she really got into it.
When she was done she jumped up, grabbed the pumpkin by it’s stem and she yanked the top off- she really enjoyed that. I mean, she enjoyed it a lot.
Jemma with her future ‘ victims’.
I’ve written at least a dozen stories about pumpkin carvers who enjoy their craft a bit to much and I guess it shouldn’t surprise me that in real life, one of those carvers is someone close to me:
Happy Halloween- I hope you will have as much fun as I did !