Imagination Prompt Generator:
Brainstorm 10 reasons why you feel the need to write now.
There is the promise of snow on Monday
Christmas Carols are playing on the radio and it’s time to read Dickens
Bells are jingling everywhere and the stores are stocked with chocolates wrapped in holiday colors
Long Winter Nights mean that ghosts have more time to walk next to me, behind you and they leave no footprints
in the snow.
Krampus visits the wicked this time of year and he likes mulled wine, just like me.
Holly Berries and Mistletoe are poisonous but at this time of the year, who cares?
Winter is fear
and I’m glad it’s
cookies baking in the kitchen
The first touch of snow
the crackle of logs
perfume, last years gift
From the dark outside
to the chill inside
Welcome Winter, come in.
Inspired By The Soul Food Café Prompt: The Solarium
For me, nothing says holiday fun like puppies and dogs- and the more the merrier!
Here is a clip of the biggest collection of pups you will ever see (my cousin’s pup is in this clip ) – I mean WOW! All that’s missing is some snow!
And of course it wouldn’t be Christmas without my boy, Hamish Macbeth ( his Holiday pics follow )
So look close and prepare to have your winter heart warmed up- for me it wouldn’t be that time of the year without my dog. Enjoy!
Among this over flowing basket of puppies is my cousin’s dog, Xavier.
(YouTube video of the pack of beauties and baby Xavier:)
1. Xavier shows up first on 0:42 in the middle of the screen.
2. Coming down the hill at 3:49…
3. At the water hole, to the right, at 6:40
4. And sitting on his favorite rock at 8:09.
Can you spot the 120lb nine month old puppy in this happy holiday snap?
Two years ago my Hamish was just a puppy- so in the spirit of the holidays my nieces wrapped him in gift paper and he kept it on until the tape warmed up and it all fell off.
Hamish and Pualani Christmas 2014
Here is a picture of Hamish from Thanksgiving 2016- minus the wrapping paper!
Hamish might be a bit big to wrap up and Xavier is most definitely to big- but because of these two special guys, there is going to be some fun and love around our homes this Christmas.
Photo Challenge: It’s Not This Time of The Year Without
DAILY POST PROMPT: CULTURE
Our bones tell our story long after we are gone.
The story some will tell are going to be brutal, some will tell a story about life of ease and comfort others will talk about a life that went on for a long time and others will say they had hardly had time to find their story at all.
Of all the stories we can tell, the story our bones will tell will never be equaled by any writer no matter how talented or glib or word perfect they may be.
That’s why I love to see things covered with snow- the world turns into a city of bones and each street has a story to tell.
It’s an exciting time for me.
Today I am leaving this video to show you this world as it comes into being- enjoy the story.
This is what I wish for Christmas this year:
I hope it snows
I hope it snows a lot
I hope we get buried in the stuff
and then when the sunsets I hope the clouds break away and the stars burn up the night sky.
I hope it snows
I hope the world freezes over
I hope its so cold that my bones ache
and when I think Winter is never going to end and what did I make this stupid wish FOR
Christmas music comes on the radio
I feel warm and happy in all of that cold.
That’s what I wish for Christmas.
Inspired by The Soul Food Cafe Prompt
Magic Writing Tram: Guided Imagery
Photo A.M. Moscoso
November 28, 2016
This is a fun prompt from The Soul Food Cafe’s 2003 Advent Calender- you do some soul searching and list 45 things you are grateful for.
So that’s what I’m going to do here. I’m not going to pop out 45 because I’d like to reflect on them a bit. So let’s start cooking:
- I am grateful for being able to write- I am grateful that some people enjoy my work and I am grateful for the ones who don’t. Having people respond to you art is what matters at the end of the day.
- I am grateful for Dictionary.com It’s cooler and more reliable then Wikipedia- which anyone can mess with and they even have an icon to click so you can hear the word. Did I mention they have quizzes and trivia? The Science Geek in me is geeking out over this site. It’s fabulous!
- I am grateful for Absinthe– I am not a big drinker- I’m not even a sometimes drinker but when I do go out and have that occasional drink, having one with a cool history makes the experience a little more exciting. Was it exciting? First of all, absinthe is green, people believed that drinking it would make you go insane and it tastes like licorice. What’s not to love?
Wow- that was fun!
I thought I would go the Sunday School, Touchy Feeley ” I am grateful ” road- but I’m hoping as I list these things out they all make me smile
I think I’m going to add the Absinthe site to my blog links.
Soul Food Cafe 2003 Advent Calender Project:Eureka Stockade ( Day Three )
1. Keep a gratitude journal this month. In honour of the forty-fivers do 45vers – a list of 45 things you are grateful for – 45 things worth ‘fighting for’.
Late Afternoon Winter by Childe Hassam
I am a Winter Soul.
I love the ice and the snow.
I am a Winter Soul
I love the challenge of feeling warm
I am a Winter Soul
The dark skies of winter
are my home.
I am a Winter Soul
I want to paint the world
as white and fine
as my bones.
Daily Prompt: Vigor