I was going to write a silly post about not liking to cook because I don’t really cook much anymore. But the truth is, I enjoy cooking very much and this is one of my favorite recipes- it’s for Cheesy Seafood Enchiladas.
I use whatever catches my eye when I shop for the seafood, but what is suggested here is a good start- except for one thing.
I don’t eat lobster or octopus, so I’ve never used those ingredients.
That aside- this is pretty easy and I hope you try it and enjoy!
Cheesy seafood enchiladas:
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 pound uncooked shrimp (31-40 per pound), peeled, deveined and chopped
- 1/2 pound red snapper fillet or other firm white fish, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1-1/2 cups salsa verde
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chiles
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 12 corn tortillas (6 inches)
- Fresh cilantro leaves or jalapeno pepper slices