These are the ” Big Five Personality Traits” that we humans ( and I would argue most dogs and a few cats ) share:
- openness to experience (inventive/curious vs. consistent/cautious)
- conscientiousness (efficient/organized vs. extravagant/careless)
- extraversion (outgoing/energetic vs. solitary/reserved)
- agreeableness (friendly/compassionate vs. critical/rational)
- neuroticism (sensitive/nervous vs. resilient/confident
The acronyms for these traits are “OCEAN” or “CANOE”
So if I were to look at these traits and answer the WP Prompt: What’s the trait you value most about yourself which would I choose?
I’d have to say I’m pretty open to new experiences- change is inevitable. I learned that from working in a Funeral Home. Like it or not nothing ever stays the same-not our faces, not our relationships not even the flavors of our favorite Sodas ( looking at you Coke ).
That sounds grim, but as it turns out I actually do like it when I get hit by a wave and knocked off of my feet because I happen to take boodles of pleasure from the experience when I get back up again.
I can’t say that I always find myself in the most favorable positions at those times, but that’s the way the cookie crumbles and I’m fine with that.